Many users of CBD oil and hemp-based products will come across the term ‘terpenes’ (plural of ‘terpene’). These natural compounds have various benefits for the body, which is why some CBD brands will advertise the fact that their products contain terpenes. Like CBD, terpenes are non-addictive and are some of the hundreds of naturally-occurring compounds that are found in the hemp plant.
Hemp has been used for thousands of years for various purposes. It contains up to 400 compounds, including cannabinoids (such as CBD), terpenes and flavonoids (color-giving nutrients). Soji Health products contain full-spectrum CBD oil, which means that all of the beneficial compounds from the plant are extracted into each of our products, including the terpenes. This boosts the benefits for the body and can be used to treat a wider range of ailments.
What are terpenes?
Terpenes are the fragrant oils that give hemp products their range of aromas. These oils are produced by the resin glands in the flowers, and are not unique to the hemp plant. They occur in a number of other herbs, fruits and shrubs. There are over 20 000 terpenes and hemp contains at least 100 of these.
Each of these terpenes has its own therapeutic property and positive effect on the body. When combined with other compounds in full-spectrum CBD products, they work together to enhance the effects of the other natural compounds. This is commonly referred to as the ‘entourage effect’.
Terpenes have extremely low toxicity, which makes them ideal for use in cosmetic products and nutritional supplements. They are well-tolerated by the human body and have been proven to be safe for consumption. These compounds are used to give our CBD products beautiful fragrances and subtle tastes.
Terpenes are complex botanical substances that have many potential benefits for the body – most of which have not yet been studied. Researchers have been examining the benefits of terpenes with a great interest for many years. A wide range of therapeutic benefits of terpenes have been discovered through various clinical trials and lab experiments.
Examples of terpenes
Below is a list of some of the most common terpenes found in hemp and other plants. Some of these compounds can be found in Soji Health products and contribute to their unique tastes and smells.
- Myrcene – This substance is found in mangoes, hops, thyme, lemongrass and basil. It is the most abundant terpene in hemp and has an earthy, musky aroma.
- Limolene – This compound smells like lemon, orange, mandarin, lime and grapefruit. It is commonly used in household cleaning products and perfumes to give them that tangy, citrus aroma.
- Pinene – Pinene is commonly found in conifer trees, citrus peels and turpentine. It gives pine needles their well-known smell and also contributes to the aromas of rosemary, basil, dill and parsley.
- Linalool – This floral compound is a common ingredient in perfumes because of its sweet and spicy aroma. It can be found in lavender, mint, cinnamon and citrus.
- Caryophyllene – This compound has a peppery and woody smell. It occurs naturally in cloves, cinnamon leaves, black pepper and Thai basil.
- Terpinolene – This substance is commonly found in sage and rosemary. It has a herbal, floral scent and is often used in soaps and perfumes. It is also an insect repellant.
- Camphene – This botanical compound emits a strong scent of damp woods and fir needles. It is used in essential oils, camphor oil, citronella and turpentine. Camphene is also used as a food additive for its woody flavor.
Evidently, terpenes have a wide range of uses. They mainly contribute to the tastes and smells of products – both of which can have calming effects on the body. These aromas can soothe the body and calm the mind, which is partly why our CBD products are effective stress-relievers.
Terpenes occur naturally in most plant species and offer various therapeutic benefits. They help to boost the effectiveness of other natural compounds through the entourage effect and play a vital role in the flavor of Soji Health CBD oils and gummies. Our unique nanotechnology means that the effect of our CBD is achieved six times faster than other brands.
To learn more about Soji Health products, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com. Soji Health is a manufacturer of a range of CBD products, from scented creams and cleansers to delicious gummies and oil drops. We are the European distributor that aims to deliver the life-changing benefits of full-spectrum CBD to people with various needs.
Soji Health products can be used to improve your overall health and quality of living. Our gummies, oils and lotions meet the highest international standards for quality and safety. Full copies of our certifications of analysis are available on our website.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and Soji Health product launches, follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Take a look at our blog for more informative articles on how to start living a more healthy life.